Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I was hand in hand with...

...someone precious to me.

It was around 9:45pm yesterday. I was holding in hand someone I was waiting for long. I was juggling with the thot whether to go ahead or not. Bcoz, once tempted its difficult to take the step back.

Its was time to take decision: Tick, tick, tick....

You guys there, while reading will think, what big deal, you should take your time in taking such decisions?C'mon, I had to bcoz shuttle for my office leaves at 7:30am in morning which means I have to get up latest by 7am(usual time being 6:30am :-( ).

Tick, tick,tick....

Ya, I give it to you. You guessed it right. My long waited desire finally won .

I Cud not believe that I took 5 mins to decide whether to open 'five point someone' or not Sometimes its fun to do grammatical mistakes knowingly like using 'holding someone' in place of 'holding something' ) ;-) ;-)

It was a nice book & I finished it in neat 4hrs 40 min or so, little later than my usual speed but as I was reading leisurely(or shud I say lazily) in my bed after tiredness of whole day. Not bad timing Sonal.

I liked many instances in the book, like the Coperate to Dominate(CoD) theory, the idea of giving the original gift to his girlfriend. With some of the things I disagreed also but then its not necessary for us to agree with everything if we appreciate it.
I had a great time reading the book, and every time I broke into laughter, I realised that I was little loud & after that I feared that my neighbours, who all had to go to the office in morning, may drop in & bang my door if I continued laughing like this at midnight. Mine is a corner room in the hostel, so, I think, thankfully no one heard it & I was saved. :-)
Read the book till 2:20am in the morning, then slept & got up at 6:45am, but it was worth it. In my last days a iiit-b, I feel even i will say after sometime like he said in the end...

I may have passed, but my soul is somewhere in the corridors of the insti....

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, April 27, 2005 9:56:00 PM, Blogger Whoosh 2 said...

Five point someone.. Loved that book.. a very good read... Read it a loooooong time back tho. Actually, I contemplated to write "two-point someone.. What not to do at IIIT".. Hey.. Maybe I'll still do that.. :)

 
At Wednesday, April 27, 2005 10:24:00 PM, Blogger Sonal said...

Got hold of the book after long wait.Do write it Vikkki.
I'll wait for :
"Two point someone" - What not to do at IIIT.
by Vikkki

Publish it on ur blog for wider coverage. ;)

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Mandar said...

the book was funny, but extremely stupid... it is sorta comparable to the movie chandramukhi :-D

oops! i know i have invited vikkki's ire. :-D

and hey! about vikkki's book.. i am looking forward to it. he writes great stories... i mean, markiv writes great stories... ;-)

 
At Thursday, April 28, 2005 10:04:00 PM, Blogger Sonal said...

Mandy, Being funny for once was enuf, who cares for it being stupid. Whoz going to read it again? :-D

As far as chandramukhi is concerned i only know that its Superstar 'Rajnikanth's' movie.(courtesy my Chennai friends)

I had got an invite to see the movie, from ur comment & my friends' reactions, I think, I made a wise decision by not watching it :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home