Monday, January 09, 2006

Lunch with a friend….

Was at home on Saturday. Got up late, called up a friend. Then had a pretty long conversation with dad-mom. Made some excellent fried rice in the afternoon for lunch.
Went out with my roomie in the evening for sometime. Some nice numbers were coming on Radio City, so danced for sometime on that. Saturday was spent for a change very plain, with looking forward to meeting my friend on Sunday.
Vintage 91 is currently there on radio city, all retro english numbers are coming. 'Baby I love u to want me the way that I want u', then Elvis Presley's 'Now or Never' & 'The only thing which looks good on me is u' were some of the nice ones…

Today that’s Sunday I had invited my friend for lunch to Bombay Post. I was on time, & he was just half an hour late like most of the guys I have seen since childhood. I have read throughout in co-ed & this trait is so common to most of the guys, so it was much expected from him. Only thing different that never happened earlier to me was I had to wait alone, as we don’t have any common friends who could have been with me waiting there. But, the weather was nice so I dint mind waiting for him, humming some songs. :-)

This friend of mine is special & quite close to my heart. He is looking for a life-partner. Has been going around with a girl thru some matrimonial site & has been talking to her over the phone & email exchange. He is a very sweet person, nice at heart, a little lazy, quite creative & adventurous. He was telling how he surprised his married friends by calling them at his home & arranging some games for them, it reminded me how I had given party to my mom-dad on 25th anniversary.

I made invitation cards with hand & went personally to invite all their friends for the party two days before so that they don’t get to know. On the day of the anniversary, early in the morning, I told my dad to go & receive my granny from the bus-stand as she & all my cousins were coming for his anniversary. I left a gold ring for mom in the kitchen, on top of the tea saucepan, the place where she goes first in the morning to make tea for dad. Then had left cell-phone for dad in the back seat of the car. Went to leave the gift in car parked in the garage at midnight after they had slept after receiving all the calls from relatives. All his friends were told not to tell or ask anything about the party in the evening. When dad went to pick up my granny, I dialed his cellno from landline & gave the phone to mom. Mom was asking whom u want me to talk & I said u just say hello u will know ;-). All this was early in the morning at 6:30am. When he came back home, he told me that he was standing outside the car, waiting for bus to arrive when he heard something ringing, then he turned back he realized that sound is coming from his own car. He was surprised as this was his first cell-phone. When he returned, I gave both of them greeting along with that was the same invitation card which we had given to others. At first he thot, we are taking mom & him for dinner outside, but when he read it again he asked- Is it an invitation for some party u guys r throwing? I said, Ya, it’s a small party I have organized in the hotel where all your friends r coming. Its all part of the small surprise I always wanted to give u for your 25th anniv. since childhood and its all I can do from my first three months salary after B.Tech.
I had always given them small gifts from my savings, or decorated the whole house while they were sleeping at night or when they went to temple during the daytime, or brought the cake by going silently on my bicycle with my sis to the market. But this time it was different, I had never seen my dad crying with emotions, he said "How u spent every penny u earned till now, just like that?". My granny told him, he shud not cry as these are her feelings for u & u should appreciate wat she has done. I feel u only need that passion for giving everything for smone u love, than expecting anything but love from them in return.

Anyway I was talking about the friend of mine. He makes collage & is creative like me, as my own house is so full of all the handicrafts items I have made ;-)
I feel sometimes it takes months for someone to come closer & sometimes u just get to know the person in few days. How well we will be with that person depends on how quickly we came closer & how easily we share our thots.
Me & my friend were talking in general, he asked me about my likes for music. We both have extremely different taste, he loves hard rock & I prefer slow & meaningful hindi songs & english numbers from Bryan Adams, Backstreet boys, MLTR, Eagles. But I think opposites attract, & that’s why v can be good friends. Like in my favorite movie Hum-tum, they say that if two people r opposite, they tend to fulfill what other person lacks.

He is a non-vegetarian, he was asking me if I eat non-veg., I said NO. So, we decided to go for a vegetarian order…

A small secret -> I left eating it long time back for my granny whom I love a lot. I know how to cook it, and I can eat it again for someone who loves me a lot & wants me to eat ;-).
Food habits, language, preference for music, movies, lifestyle, dressing sense all things are so petty. These things are not something we can’t pick up or change.

Back to my friend, he is looking for someone of his own caste, & is still making up his mind for that girl. I feel he is a little confused & looking for lots of other things when v should look only for the compatibility & how strongly the person feels for us. Probably he is still a cute kid who does not know girls can leave or pick up everything for someone who means more than anything in the world. So, I dedicate this post to his innocence…

Love is not love until v express it,
Care is not care until the person u care knows abt it,
Sharing is not sharing if u only share happiness & not pains,
Loving, caring & sharing is wat makes a marriage happen….

He told me that someone liked him recently & proposed him also but my cute friend said to her that he is committed to the girl he is looking from that site even when he has not made up his mind on her. He says that the girl from site he is considering now will be a love-cum-arranged marriage. But doesn’t knows if he was really in love with that girl he won’t think twice bcoz love never looks for reasons.
He says that his parents want him to marry someone of his own caste, he doesn't think that we never select our friends on the basis of caste in our life, even when v r so well-read & independent why v shud b scared abt smthing very mundane. Probably he is compromising on one of the most important things in life ;-)
He wore a bright white shirt & usually wears bright shades like white (which seems to be his fav), red, indigo, orange, & rarely seen him in black or dark blue which shows he is an optimist & looks towards positive side in life. :-) I can’t imagine why a person with such a positive attitude when given a chance doesn’t want to look & analyze a girl who came & proposed him as this happens once in million that a girl feels so strongly for a guy. Probably he never tried to imagine what any girl who loves someone with so much passion can do for someone in life…
Anyway he is a cute friend of mine & I respect his feelings. He is my friend & I don’t care what he thinks about that girl who came & proposed him…when he doesn't want to even silently try to know her through his own means as wat kind of person she is & doesn't want to check for his compatibility with her…I won’t force him to do so as I m a courteous person ;-) & I don’t want to loose a nice person as my friend just bcoz I want him to understand the intensity of some girl's feelings & her good nature…I value him as my friend & I always will…

I can only suggest him to go alone & watch Hum-tum again even if he has seen it once… Forgot to mention I can make much better food than Bombay Post, I bet…. ;-)
Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home