Friday, January 12, 2007

TOM & JERRY....


Today at the breakfast table, smhow the discussion was diverted to Tom & Jerry...(May b since i was having a cheese sandwich & Jerry came on my thots smelling that... ;) )
While talking me & Neethu said that Jerry is the one which puts Tom into trouble always...and poor chap Tom keeps trying to come out of it..
Neethu told abt a view which she had heard frm a psychology professor and which amazed me ...she said, he told - "Kids love Jerry coz of its miniature size, they feel themselves to be more resembling to him & related to him and visualize their parents, teachers and elders as Tom coz they are huge for them like Tom and luv to trouble them like Jerry...that's the reason they enjoy the cartoon a lot....."
Isn't it an amazing observation...???
I admitted that wen i was a kid even i used to like Jerry more than Tom....
But then can I differentiate whom i like more now..??
So, whom do you like more Tom or Jerry..????????
Ciao,
Sonal

4 Comments:

At Friday, January 12, 2007 7:28:00 PM, Blogger Arvind Ekbote said...

I enjoy visualising myself as Jerry and my boss as Tom..he he he

Recently the co-creator of the TOM & Jerry Mr. Joseph Barbera has died. May his soul rest in peace who gave us many moments of unrestrained joy.

 
At Friday, January 12, 2007 10:33:00 PM, Blogger Sonal said...

hehehe...now that was a hilarious analogy... :)

 
At Sunday, February 25, 2007 10:47:00 AM, Blogger Shiv said...

jerry s more fun to watch!! their antics

 
At Monday, May 07, 2007 2:11:00 AM, Blogger arvindh said...

As someone who has not outgrown watching this show I'm not sure if I can pick one. I love them both.

Contrasting Tom and Jerry with the Road Runner show (where the coyote is always at the receiving end), both characters face some "accidents" in an episode - so I don't quite end up supporting one over the other.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home