Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Wedlock vistas….

1:00am at nite, a girl comes out of the Delhi airport, two guys walk towards her, snatch bags from her, put them in the car. Ask the girl to get inside the car, two more guys are sitting inside the car, with music system on great volume in the car. This is how I was received on Delhi Airport by my brother & cousins on Thursday at midnight, when my flight got delayed by 2hrs that day. A cool drive to home with some excellent music played. On the lower floor everyone was sleeping, so five of us went on the upper floor. My cousin made tea for all of us & v kept chatting till 4am in the morning. Then, we dispersed to sleep for few hours.

Morning there were thread ceremony for my two cousins & evening there was dance party which started around 7pm & went on till 1:30am in the morning at home.
Next morning there was 'Haldi ceremony' for the cousin getting married in which they apply oil & turmeric, and in the evening was baaraat. The bridegroom i.e. my cousin :-D was looking great in that especially tailored Sherwani. We danced so much in the baaraat, on the whole way, wid my cousin sitting on the horse. It was simply awesome.

I went out wid my cousin in the car to drop @2am some of our relatives , enjoyed a nice drive with him on the roads of Delhi at night. It was full-time fun & enjoyment in the whole trip. :-)
Took a flight to Bangalore on Monday morning & came directly to office. :-(

For those of you who read my previous posts & thinking about my sweet friend, he has decided to marry that girl from the matrimonial site & he is going to get engaged very soon. I wish them great life ahead :-)

BTW, my close friend Abi is gonna get married too on Feb 19th & we all are planning to attend it in Chennai. Wishing the couple a splendid future…:-)


ps: I talked abt three couples in my post, do I hear more wedding bells ringing around? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home