Monday, February 27, 2006

Weeklong saga....


Its 2:30am at nite & I m not yet sleepy…felt like penning down my blog as my frnds want me to...watched filmfare awards in evng & then 'Rendezvous wid Simi Garewal'..
Haven't posted nething for long…so here it is a wklong saga..presented 2 u by one & only urs truly…last wkend this time I was in Chennai…I think I was applying mehndi at this hour…before dat arnd 12:30am last sat. went for a 2mins drive on 500cc Royal Enfield on kamyaa's cousin Senthil's bike..all frds were taking turns to sit behind Senthil to enjoi that…& I said- "Senthil, I wanna sit at ur back & wanna ride too"…500cc engine...power is more than half of 800cc maruti...it touches 80km/hr in secs…wow…it was really exciting to be there on it for 2mins…I wudn't hav minded more also…I luv wild adventures & trying smthing like this is fun…
Afternoon last sat was spent at Mahabalipuram…I stayed at kamyaa's house..Kamyaa's parents were saying that u take great care of our daughter in Bangalore…v r highly impressed with ur caring nature…she is learning a lot frm u…Urs truly was all shy hearing this self-praise…
So, v were talking abt my trip…v reachd chennai in morning…stayed at kamyaa's place then got ready & went to meet abi…frm there straight to Mahabalipuram…went to Shore temple, Five rathas, Shiva temple…& then kovalam beach…it’s a nice place to hang arnd wid ur luvd one..;-)…I really luv & appreciate mobile communication…as I ws able to update ppl I m close to abt my trip thru sms & phn calls….
Nxt morning, ya u got it rite, last Sunday, abi's marriage was at 9am…abi was really happy that I came to Chennai for her marriage…there were so many emotions in her eyes…I ws thinking hw few ceremonies cud tie two ppl into lifelong relationship…marriage is so sacred…
V spent afternoon in shopping, I bought a silk saree for my mom….

Then, my cousin was here frm wed to fri for sm interview…I took him to forum, kempfort, v were literally kids, roaming arnd, trying new dishes & had lots of ice-cream on all three days…

Today was alone at home in the evening, did sm drawing…then one of my old frnd Sid called up in the eveng…I talked to him for half an hour…it was superb talking to him…

...as I kept the phn ..my other frnd called up…I had tried calling him in eveng…his phn was busy…so I dropped an sms…it was refreshing talking to him...its great that now he understands relationships move when both the ppl who r part of relationship take initiative…:-)
Its 3:01am acc to my lappy….. Sur slept arnd half an hour, sm songs r playing….& mez sleepy too….one more follow-up post on the way…I will write it in morning…

Its 2:30pm in the afternoon, & here is the follow-up part…Sid is an old school frnd of mine, haven't met him since class 12th…he is a cool fellow...xtremely direct…he said he was reading my blog…he liked the post in which I wrote wat I did for my parents for their 25th anniversary…he wz saying "Yaar, all these things which u did, usually guys r supposed to do…" I said-"Don't say all this yaar, there is no difference between guys & gals these days…I did wat I felt like doing for ppl I luv…don’t praise me so much..."
…v talked for half an hr…he has an elder bro, brother has gone abroad on sm official trip for few months…his brother is not planning to get married & sid luvs arpita a lot…he said I m telling bhai to get married soon so that my chance shud cum…but dushyant bhaiya has no plans yet…best part is that sid's parents ask him to look for a girl frm matrimonial site for his bro…sid was laughing & said - "I don’t understand this concept of marrying smone by going thru a website…its weird…v r not selecting sm commodity or item for purchase…v r looking for a life partner…these sites have spoilt the whole purpose of marrying smone who cares for u or likes u…marriage is wen u have to live wid smone for 25-30 yrs of ur life…it is tuf decision to make…then obvious choice shud b smone who understands u in & out & likes u the way u r…cares for u…this matrimony site makes marriage an stale concept…nature arnd us is full of spontaneity, thots abt marriage shud b spontaneous too…one shud feel frm inside that this is the one I wanna get married…wen a person goes on sm site...they restrict them so much by putting filters like person shud be of so & so caste..shud be between this age….& blah-blah…then v make choices out of that search result…v belong to 21st century.. v shud think beyond caste, religion, age…v take so many decisions daily like where v wanna go, whom v wanna meet, where v want to do job…wen v can decide all this..why cant v select wid whom v wanna spend our lives...hearts shud b connected…ppl have stopped looking arnd them for smone & go to these sites..its strange…arpita understands me so well, my moods, my preferences…and biggest thing is that she is there wid me not evn in my gud times but always by my side in bad times too…that defines devotion of a person towards u in a relation..."

I was teasing him, so wen r u getting married to arpita…he said, "Yaar, I m already living a married man's life, wen I hav not looked for any other woman for two years now...". Arpita lives in Ghaziabad & Sid is in Baroda for two years now….but was telling frm far also she takes so much care abt him…calls him up to ask wat is he doing, had food or not, chats over the msgr…he said, "I don’t think v can at this age marry just anyone, v shud feel happy wid smone's presence.."

I said that both of u r frm different caste…wont it be a problem for ur marriage…he said that one shud hav confidence in themselves & in the person they luv…after all it’s a question abt our lives…v cant compromise on this thing & regret later that v hurt smone who luvs us so much…if v r confident that v wanna spend life wid this person, others will respect our decision…if not today then tmrw…no one can force u to get married to smone, v shud feel it frm inside that this girl cares so much for me, I want this girl only in my life ..nobody else wil do now…if v hav this confidence...evrything gets in place wid time

I think its delicate but things do get fine…if v think v cant convey this to our parents, v shud leave it on our partner or their parents, smone who can convey this politely to our parents…smtimes v think v cant handle this inter-caste thing, but v shudnt think that its impossible…so many ppl take this decision daily & v can also b strong enuf to face world for the choices v make.. If v cant make our parents agree, smone else can do it in suave manner, may b the person v like is wise enuf to think abt way how v can make parents agree to it or their parents or any of our close relatives, frnd, anyone can show us the way...but biggest thing is our confidence in smone v like…

He was telling that sm new ppl hav joined his office recently so there is lot of team-building going on…;-) he was telling there r many guys in team who like sm girl, they can do all big things in life but dnt hav courage, due to social reasons, to accept in frnt of that girl that they like her …he was telling, "I tell them that this frequency match happens rarely…wen u get to knw that other person understands me & my mood so well & is really understanding…at this point just go for it…don’t think wat world will think…bcoz world doesn’t comes to u wen u r feeling down or wen u need smone by ur side…but this person was there always for u in ur bad times…so go & hold the hand...before smone else takes up initiative & marrys that person..."
Ciao,
Sonal
ps: …Talking to Sid is always a great experience…one shud talk to him over the phn to knw that..i m doing that for past few yrs...havent met him personally for several yrs…he is such an optimist person & knws wat he wants in life…he believes in simple pleasures of life like me..

…he motivates that one shud never compromise on certain things in life…it reflects hw strong u r as a person…smtimes u hav to stand against ur own family for sm things, but u r not doing nething against them, if the person u like is nice, they wil also luv & accept him/her…its just takes little time…but its possible...


Sorry Sid! such motivating thots that I cant stop myself frm sharing it here wid others...hope u dnt mind it..!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home