Friday, March 31, 2006

Symbolize....

What does the Taj symbolize? Give me a word ..LOVE
What does the statue of liberty symbolize? Give me a word…FREEDOM

Language is the system of expressions known objectively. Yet, language is what v use wen v mean something and want others to know what it is that v mean. Since v have already seen that meaning is private, v must admit that ppl's expressions will not transfer the meanings. (Like if my friend shouts at me…I shud look for the unspoken words…conditions that made him/her shout…shud not get swayed by the usage of words like "I swear I don’t like you"…such usage is also meaningless...)
Meaning is the thought that occurs prior to an expression, from the expressor, and after the perception of the expressee.
Meaning and expression, therefore, are mutually independent. Furthermore, words are meaningless.
So, words and phrases are not expressions that stand for what ppl think when they say them. They do not represent what they mean.

Logically, Wen someone refutes wat I have said, they are doing nothing more than refuting their own view of the words that I hav used to express my thoughts. Wen someone disagrees wid me, they are technically disagreeing with themselves.
Let me use a practical example…very common…
A guy Mr.Biggy comes & proposes a girl Ms.Miny…(sorry for the choice of names…I m sick from last one month…so this kind of names only come to my mind..)

Mr Biggy: I like u. Do u like me? Will u marry me?
Miss Miny: I have never seen you as my partner…
Mr Biggy: But u knw that I care for u?
Miss Miny: V cant lead married life just based on caring? Can V?

Acc to Urs truly's logical perspective…lets handle first answer…

1st ans-> "I have never seen you as my partner..." …
My view-> Never seen like partner. That’s fine. Look now…switch the gears…Put person in that frame…look whether she/he fits in…or comes out…match her/him wid qualities u r looking for…analyze for seven days….
Believe me its not rocket science…V need to symbolize…
So, for one week, no negative thots…just imagine her/him as ur life partner…every sec of ur life with her/him…& this exercise shud be continued for a week…every moment to be thot as spent wid just that gal/guy…
Embody essential characteristics of ur partner in that persons form….
As I said...Symbolize…
Lets look at 2nd one now...
2nd ans-> "V cant lead married life just based on caring? Can V?"
My view-> Again symbolize…any relation in this world…
Y u luv mom? -> Coz she cares….
Y u luv dad? -> Coz he cares…
Y u luv sis/bro? -> Coz they care..
Y u luv ur friend? -> Coz she/he cares…


" Care is the ingredient that keeps true friendships alive despite separation, distance, or time. Care gives latitude to another person and gets you past the dislikes and annoyances. Quite simply, caring sustains love." ~ Sara Paddison, The Hidden Power of the Heart
In this world, everything follows caring…all emotions….luv, understanding...evrything.
"Care is the actualization of love assumed." ~Doc Childre

Symbolize again….Imagine ur spouse taking care of everything in ur life? What more do u need in life?
Wont u Luv her…?
Wont u Understand her…?
Wont u do anything for her...?
Wont u do anything to stop that one tear to fall from her eye….?
U will do anything in world to keep happy a person who cares for u, I BET.
All emotions come if U care...


Almost everything in our culture is based on our ability to symbolize. If humans were suddenly to lose this ability, all culture would cease to exist. We would not be able to say “good morning” to our next door neighbor when we met him at the mailbox. Of course, there would be no mailbox. There would be no pencils or pens, or paper on which to write. There would be no houses, no sidewalks, no roads, no cars, no boss at the office, no office.In short, If we dont symbolize...all we would be doing is what other mammals do—eat, sleep, and reproduce.
Boss is a boss bcoz v symbolize…, house is a house bcoz v symbolize….

What connection does this symbol—“a”—have with the sound v hav given it? What connection does this symbol—shoe—hav with the object on ur foot? What connection do these black marks u are now reading hav with the concepts v are actually talking about (abstract concepts at that)? v even think in symbols. For watever happens...v need to symbolize…

Let revisit our example again, I think it will clarify my point. Imagine a situation- >
U hav to make smone ur partner one day…now how will u know that person u meet is that or not?
U need to symbolize….Symbolize that person taking care of u, eating food wid u, talking wid u, making luv wid u, laughing at ur jokes, crying in ur pains, cleaning room for u, caring for u wen u r not well…
Just symbolize…one week…only u & that person…u will get the answers for urself…
If that’s the girl/guy…believe me u cant be a luckier man to find it out for u….


If v go by words smone says, v fight in a relation…if v put us in smone's shoes…v develop understanding….
If I understand my relation wid u it means ---> I understand U, I hav FAITH on U, I CARE for U…who knows this better than U....
ps: M tense…how much? Probably, can't express in words… Can u SYMBOLIZE….?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home