Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Expectations…

Wen there r relationships, there r expectations… If I could be 10% of wat Papa is, I will feel I hav achieved a lot in life… that selflessness… its amazing… he always says, dont expect anything frm anyone… one of the sayings which he uses frm Hindi is 'Neki kar dariya mein dal...'… meaning even if u hav ever done good to sm1, just forget it & don’t expect anything in return… he never gives his name while donating for charity, he says, if u donate for fame, then there is no point in doing good for sm1...
I still remember days wen I was in nursery, v used to live in a house on rent wid two rooms, in which one room served as both drawing room cum bedroom & other one bedroom cum kitchen… I can still imagine ma cooking there…I had a small chair, an iron chair, knitted with red & white plastic wire, which dad got it designed esp acc to my height, even my sis had one which was little lesser in height…I still remember once wen I did sm mischief, for 10mins he tied both my hands to that chair & on my face he kept a hanky so that I cant c wat is happening arnd me…but still that chair is the most memorable chair I will ever sit in my life...I hav nicely got thrashed with a ruler for my mistakes…probably ppl close to me who knw how much I luv him, will always think that he wud hav never been strict wid me…
Frm that house to our own home today…things hav changed a lot..& so has dad, he has become more & more luving, more & more caring… that strictness has melted… he has been more like a friend frm last so many yrs…He has always told us to care for ppl & their sentiments… he says heaven & hell r all here only…if u care for ppl, if u luv them then they will luv u & ur life is heaven, if u don’t ppl also wont care for u & u will get to c hell here only…
Dad's guru mantra - 'Give more & expect less… ' He says Sonal always be true to ur relations-whether its wid parents, siblings, friends or spouse… being a friend in a relation always works… I remember one such quote:The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing... not healing, not curing... that is a friend who cares. ~ Henri Nouwen

Dint felt like writing more…so had hibernated the lappy…
Its 3:00am @night, not feeling sleepy, so went & sat in the balcony for smtime, just came back…thot of writing smthing so opened the lappy again… its become a routine affair for more than a month now…not getting sleep till 4am & sitting in balcony & then getting up @7am & reaching office @8am… one advantage of living on highway is that if u don’t feel sleepy, sit outside in balcony at least u can hav a look @ speedy trucks… Its April 10th…rather 11th as its past 12am..I can't believe 4th month of the year & there is hardly any difference in this new year…
4months…100days..2400hrs….144000mins…8640000 secs...of the year…wid same set of thots, same set of questions in life…its so monotonic…
V meet ppl of different age but only relation urs truly knws is of being friend to that person…if u knw me, just remember that urs truly luvs, cares & respects her frnds & is waiting & expecting to get just that in return…nothing more…
M I expecting too much...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home